Ever since I made the decision to publish Every Minute is a New Day, the book I’ve been working on for years, life has picked up speed. I am in a constant state of exhilaration, optimism, and sheer terror. I have dreamed of being an author since I was 6 years old. And finally, I’ve found my voice, my passion. Thank you all for being a part of it. The Kickstarter campaign started out with amazing gusto. Then, Christmas shifted the focus. Now that we are into the new year, I am hoping to pick up steam again. I think I need to address some frequently asked questions in order to do this.
- What isKickstarter?
- Kickstarter is a crowd-funding website that helps independent artists, writers, entrepreneurs find financial backing from around the world.
- How do I back your project?
- Go to the kickstarter website, kickstarter.com/projects/fuzzylizzard/every-minute-is-a-new-day.
- Click on the amount you want to contribute to my project (anywhere from $1 – $1000, your choice). There are rewards for every amount contributed. I appreciate anything.
- The funds are processed through amazon.com. So you’ll need to enter your amazon info when prompted. YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL 1-15-15 at 11pm.
- If the project is not fully funded, you will not be charged anything. Nada. Zip.
- Feel the good feels that come with supporting an independent author writing about her passion. And possibly changing the world with her message.
- What will you do if yourKickstarter campaign is not fully funded?
- If the book is not fully funded, I get no money from the campaign. You will not be charged.
- The book will happen no matter what.
- I have invested my personal savings into securing a basic publishing package. So no matter the outcome of Kickstarter, the book will be published.
- The Kickstarter is to secure a global marketing plan with audiobook.
- When will the book be ready?
- I still have some finishing touches and editing to do.
- I anticipate submitting the manuscript for the first editing phase to happen in February or early March.
- The book itself will probably not be ready to hit shelves until at least July 2015.
- Backers will get a sneak peek at exerts from the book via email.
So much joy has filled my heart since I begun this adventure. I am so grateful for everyone who has supported me either financially or emotionally.
Love and blessings,